Sunday, January 10, 2016

Dear High School Friends

Dear High School Friends,

I am who I am because of you.

This morning I woke up with emotions all over the place.  All of this back and forth and trying to live in two places is proving to be quite hard on me.  Goodbyes never seem to get any easier, and no matter where I am, I always seem to be missing the other.  Man, college is rough! But it's a learning experience right?

This morning also had me thinking about how incredibly lucky I am.  I am lucky enough to have so many hard goodbyes, and people to miss.  It means that I am loved.  Spending a month here in KC was great.  Incredibly boring at times, yes,  but very familiar.  It brought me back to the good 'ole days.  So I wanted to say thanks to you fabulous high school friends of mine.

I have found myself to be very blessed in the friend department.  Our group of friends is unlike any I have ever seen.  You are more than my best friends, we're like a little family.   I started hanging out with this group of people summer before my junior year, and I did not know then that I was forming friendships to last a  lifetime.

From the very first night I spent with you to now, I cannot imagine it any other way.  We have shared laughs, tears, adventures, and so many other wonderful times.  You were there for all of my most important decisions.  From boys to date, outfits to wear,  even someday's what to eat for lunch, I always turned to you when I was stumped.  I value your opinions.  I never had to do anything alone (unless I wanted to), I had one of you in almost every class, I always had someone to sit with at lunch, someone to go to the bathroom with (because that's important), someone to run after school errands with, someone to sit with at church, someone to check my backside when needed, someone to walk to class with, etc. Anytime I needed company, it was there.  If I needed to talk? I had an ear to listen.  Questions on homework? Someone had an answer. Strange idea? You all supported it.  And for all of this, I am so very blessed.  I enjoyed always having a fun date to go to dances with, and a great group of people for the pictures and dinner beforehand. That was very stressful for most dances, but we always got though it together.  I like sitting around fires with you, or staying up late in barns. I like driving around for hours, jumping out of cars, eating french fries and chocolate shakes.  I like swimming, and going to movies, and staying up all night talking about everything and absolutely nothing.  I like taking cliche pictures, and filming every moment because we needed it for our video montage. Sporting events were always fun with you, and so were the hangouts after.  I like playing board games, and pool, and ping-pong (even though I suck).  I like going shopping, and having cookouts, and cuddling on the trampoline. I like our group messages.  I like listening to music, and doing weird dances.  I like being comfortable around you. I truly enjoy your company.




You people can stress me out and drive me nuts like no other, but more importantly, you make me smile, and laugh, and so incredibly happy to be alive.  I have learned so much about myself through our friendships, and I'm the girl I am today because of them.

We may be following different paths now, and that is okay.  I still support each and every one of you, I will always listen when you need to talk, and I know you will do the same for me.  Things may not be the same as they once were, but that is perfectly okay.  I am thankful for our glory days, and I will always hold those memories close.  Things may continue to change in the years to come, but I am confident that I will always have people to grab lunch with when we're in town, or someone to call when I'm missing home.  Here's to you, my forever best friends.  Thank you for everything you have done for me.  I love you all dearly.



Yours Truly,
Pantless Sunday's

(This week I challenge everyone to contact a long distance friend.  Call them up or shoot them a text, whatever it may be.  It's nice to be checked in on every once in awhile.  Have a wonderful week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment