Monday, November 16, 2015

Dear Bad Day

Dear Bad Day,

I don't like you.

We all have them! Seriously, everyone.  Think of the happiest, most enthusiastic, optimistic person you know.  Got it? Even they have bad days.  I know, shocker! Its inevitable though, they can't be avoided completely.  I don't have them often, but every few weeks or so I will have a day that totally sucks.  Absolutely nothing can go my way, no matter how hard I try,  I had one this past week.

It was Thursday, the day of my dreadful 8 a.m.  I woke up at 7:37 (I usually leave at 7:40), so I scrambled out of bed, brushed my teeth, threw on some clothes, and was out the door.  I don't know about you, but I am the type of girl that needs a little bit of time in the morning.  I need to mentally prepare for the day ahead, I can' t just wake up and go.  So right from the start I was frazzled. Immediately after that class I headed to my next one.  Oh did I mention I had two tests that day? Both of them I felt decently prepared for, but the minute I looked at this first one I knew that life was over. An open note test should not be this difficult! But it was.  It was so awful.  So now I have two really bad moments under my belt.  After somehow making it through that exam, I headed up to the design studio to work on a project, and of course, because aparently its my designated bad day, I can't get the printer to work.  So I decided to walk away from that and head to my next exam.  This one was much easier, and I feel okay about it, so that helped.  The worst of it was over, the day got progressively easier.  It was just one of those days that too much happened early on to set my mood.  A bad one at that.  And sometimes you get in those moods and you just can't shake them for the rest of the day! It sucks right?

So how do I deal with it? Honestly, sometimes I don't.  Thursday was a bad day.  That's all there is to it.  I rode it out, counted down the hours until I could go to sleep and try again Friday.  And you know what? Friday was a fantastic day! One of the most IMPORTANT things I can say about bad days, is that's all they are, bad days. Not bad weeks, or months, or years.  Bad days.  And they suck, but that's life.  You have to have them in order to truly enjoy the good ones right? So have your bad day, do what you can to get through it, and wake up the next morning with a new mindset, make it better! Do not let your bad days drag on! And that way, you will appreciate your good days that much more :)

How do you guys deal with bad days? Keep watch for a post later in the week on tips to improve bad days!

Weekly Challenge - Complete acts of kindness, as small or as great as you please, just do something for someone else.  You never know when others are having a bad day, and maybe you can do something to improve it!

So have a great week, and always remember,
It is just a bad day, not a bad life

Yours Truly,
Pantless Sunday's

No comments:

Post a Comment