Sunday, May 22, 2016

Dear Writer's Block,

This week has been a little rough for me in deciding what it is I want to write about.  I have a long list of topics I want to cover at some point, but none of them were interesting to me this week.  At first I thought it was just a mild case of writer's block, but then I realized really its life block. So this is for anyone suffering from a lack of motivation.  Sometimes we find ourselves stuck in a rut, and its really difficult to escape.  I would say that's a pretty fair way to describe my week.  My bedroom, still drowning in half-unpacked boxes, would agree.  I just can't get myself to do anything about it, so I have located myself on the couch instead.  And I am finding it very hard to leave.

So how should we start? I think the most important effective way to find motivation to do life is to just do something.  Anything.  Tuesday night, for example, I went to a concert with one of  my best friends.  I finally felt summer starting to kick in.  It gave me a little spark to do something productive. Another night, I went to a friends house just to catch up (mostly with his mom lol), but it made me feel a little better. Sometimes you just need to get out of the house.  Go run an errand, go for a walk, catch up with an old friend, do something. 

Kind of along the same line, I think it is important to be around people.  Trust me, I can be the anti-social queen when I want to be.  Socializing is a lot of work for me, but I think it can be really beneficial at times. When I'm cooped up on the couch in an empty house and have no reason to do anything, I don't leave the couch.  But if I know I'm going to see people, it gives me the motivation to actually get up and shower and make myself presentable.  I also find that getting up off the couch and showering gives me motivation to knock out another extra task before I leave the house.  Bonus!

Finally, remember to take things one step at a time.  Sometimes we shut down because the task at hand (my bedroom for example) is seemingly endless.  It is too much to accomplish, so we avoid it altogether.  Just take it one step at a time, and eventually you will get it done.  It is okay to spend a day on the couch, but maybe not an entire week.  Laziness has to come in moderation.    

Always remember, whether its a writer's block or in my case a "life block," you will get through this. You can do anything you put your mind to.  Get up, get out, and take things one step at a time.  For more tips to getting out of a slump check out 8 Ways to Bounce Back!

"What you do today can improve all your tomorrows" -Anonymous

Have a fantastic week, and to all you slackers... just get off the couch :)

Yours Truly,
Pantless Sunday's

No comments:

Post a Comment